Neurologists at Rush are nationally known for their efforts to understand, treat and prevent illnesses that affect the brain and nervous system. We have helped countless patients from the Chicago area and beyond gain control over neck pain, muscle weakness, tremors and other neurological problems. First, we work closely with each patient to determine the exact cause of the complaint. With a comprehensive neurologic examination and sophisticated diagnostic technology, we can quickly determine what is causing symptoms and rule out the presence of any serious neurological conditions.
Because of our extensive experience with a variety of neurological problems, we are especially skilled at pinpointing the cause of unusual or severe symptoms. Once a diagnosis is identified, we work with patients and their families to determine the best course of treatment. All of our patients have access to the latest treatments, including innovative new medicines and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
At Rush, patients have access to the most advanced diagnostics and therapies, including the following:
- The most sophisticated tests for diagnosing brain and nervous system problems, including electromyography (EMG), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and PET scans.
- The latest medications. Rush patients have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials of new drugs not commonly available elsewhere. For information on clinical trials, click on the link at left.
- Minimally invasive approaches to many brain surgeries, which save patients discomfort and speed recovery. Our respected neurosurgeons are skilled in the lastest surgical techniques.
- A full array of services to help people cope with chronic neurological problems, including pain management, occupational therapy, speech and swallowing therapy and respiratory therapy.
- Genetic testing and counseling to help families affected by muscular dystrophy and other genetic disorders.
Many of our neurologists and neurosurgeons are widely respected for their research or clinical expertise. Our team includes experts in Alzheimer's disease, neuromuscular disorders, stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and other disorders. Our Magnet-designated nurses are also experts in the compassionate care of patients. With special expertise in the care of patients with neurological disorders, our nurses are available to help patients with any problems or concerns.