NOMAC-E2 (MK-8175A) Birth Control Pill Study
The purpose of this study is to test the research study drug NOMAC-E2 (MK-8175A) oral tablets with respect to the effectiveness in preventing pregnancy, the regulation of your menstrual cycle, the safety in terms of side effects, the above aspects compared to the marketed drug NETA-EE (Lo Loestrin Fe). Approximately 2,480 women are expected to be in the study at approximately 100 research sites. We expect to enroll approximately 36 subjects at Rush University Medical Center.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are a sexually active woman
- Need contraception and are willing to use a pill for 12 months
- Are 18 to 50 years old
- Are in good physical and mental health
You will be excluded from this study if you:
- Are not sexually active, not at risk for pregnancy or not in need of contraception
- Are planning to use birth control methods other than the study drug, including condoms
- Are a smoker over the age of 35
- Have a history of blood clots, heart attack or stroke
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.