An Efficacy and Safety Trial of MK-8931 in Subjects with Prodromal Alzheimer’s Disease
The purpose of this four-year study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of multiple doses of an experimental drug compared to placebo, as measured by overall clinical decline and/or progression, in subjects with prodromal AD. At Rush University Medical Center, we anticipate recruiting approximately five people. Treatment or matching placebo will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must have:
• Are 50 to 85 years of age
• Have been diagnosed with prodromal Alzheimer’s disease or aMCI
• Have a study partner willing to accompany you to all study visits
You will be excluded from the study if you:
• Are unwilling or unable to undergo multiple PET or MRI scans
• Have medical conditions that are not stable or that require adjustments of your medications
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.