Effect of Passive Immunization on the Progression of Mild Alzheimer’s Disease
The purpose of this 18-month study is to test whether solanezumab will slow the cognitive and functional decline of Alzheimer’s disease in patients with mild Alzheimer’s disease. At Rush University Medical Center, we anticipate recruiting approximately 10 people. Treatment or matching placebo will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must have:
• Are 55 to 90 years of age
• Have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease
• Have a study partner willing to accompany you to all study visits
You will be excluded from the study if you:
• Are unwilling or unable to undergo MRI, PET and lumbar puncture procedures, or do not have good venous access
• Have medical conditions that are not stable or that require adjustments of your medications
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided.