Effect of Passive Immunization on Mild Alzheimer’s
The purpose of this 18-month study is to test whether solanezumab will slow the cognitive and functional decline of Alzheimer’s disease in patients with mild Alzheimer’s disease. At Rush University Medical Center, we anticipate recruiting approximately 10 people. Treatment or matching placebo will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 55 to 90 years of age.
- Have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Have a study partner willing to accompany you to all study visits.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are unwilling or unable to undergo MRI, PET and lumbar puncture procedures, or do not have good venous access.
- Have medical conditions that are not stable or that require adjustments of your medications.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided.