Clot Lysis: Evaluated Accelerated Resolution of Intraventricular Hemorrhage
Intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH) occurs in about 40 percent of primary intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) and 15 percent of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. IVH is a significant and independent contributor to morbidity and mortality in both. Previous studies have demonstrated benefits to treating IVH using extraventricular drains (EVD) in combination with thrombolytic therapy of rt-PA to accelerate blood clot resolution.
CLEAR-III is a multicenter, international, double-blind, randomized study comparing the long-term functional outcomes of lysing ventricular blood clots using EVD combined with rt-PA against EVD compared with placebo (saline) for the treatment of severe IVH.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are an adult between 18 and 80 years of age
- Have symptom onset less than 24 hours prior to diagnostic CT
- Have spontaneous ICH ≤ 30 cc and IVH obstructing the third and/or fourth ventricles
You will be excluded from this study if you:
- Have suspected or untreated ruptured cerebral aneurysm, ruptured intracranial AVM or tumor
- Have presence of a choroid plexus malformation or Moyamoya disease
- Have clotting disorders
- Are pregnant
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.