BACE1 Inhibitor Treatment Study in Individuals with Mild to Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease
The purpose of this 20-month trial is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of multiple doses of an experimental drug compared to placebo when given to people with Alzheimer’s disease. At Rush University Medical Center, we anticipate recruiting approximately 18 people. Treatment or matching placebo will be assigned randomly.
In order to participate you must have:
- Are 55 to 85 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease
- Have a study partner willing to accompany you to all study visits
You will be excluded from the study if you:
- Are unwilling or unable to undergo multiple MRI scans
- Have medical conditions that are not stable or that require adjustments of your medications
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.